Introducing...A Dog and Me!


Hey guys! Today, I'm going to share something cool! Back when I was 5, I started writing a book. It's not really a story, but instead it's just writing about my life with Build a Bears. So, I guess it's almost like a blog! This inspired my writings, and I wrote it back when I only had one Build a Bear. I can't wait to share little snippets of this with you guys! 

Note: Since I want to keep this as similar to the original as possible, I'm only going to change spelling and slight grammar. I might add notes for understanding, since this was written by my five year old self. I have definitely improved since then trust me!


Here's the book, surprisingly it's stayed in good condition all these years. It's currently at 30 pages, just 70 shy of my original goal when I was five. I titled the book A Dog and Me. On the front page, I have the title, a sticky note with all my Build a Bears birthdays (Brownie-Swirl), the illustrator(my dad, that didn't work out), and the author. Then, I made a page of acknowledgements. 

To my mom, my dad, and way too many stuffed animals.*

*Not the actual words in the book.

Then, the book begins! On the first page, I began chapter one.(Or, with my five year old spelling, apparently it was "Capter one)

Chapter one
How Brownie Got Her Name

Really, Brownie was named by my mom. And her name is Sugar Brownie, but I just call her that.
And sometimes, I call her Sugar, but mostly I call her Brownie. We read books together, but I am writing a book right now and I am only five. And I am writing a one hundred page book.

Yeah, that's actually the whole first page.


The actual first page.
Wow, my handwriting was bad back then. Trust me it's improved much since then.

A page from my blogging notebook
My recent handwriting. It's much better than when I was five, wouldn't you say?

Did I just turn this post into a post about handwriting? OK, I think this is good for an introduction to A Dog and Me. I can't wait to share more of this book! Look forward to the rest of this series!

Do you like to find old writings?